Sunday, August 14, 2005

Mexico

Despite not knowing a word of Spanish, being very introverted and unadventurous, it looks as though God is calling me to Toluca. I figured if it's supposed to happen God will have everything fall into place and there will be a supreme lack of obstacles. And yes, everything has gone very smoothly. The pastor & family that my boyfriend is staying with has found me a place to stay and a job teaching ESL at Collego Martin Luther King. I am provided for there, which makes me happy and the only opposition that I've faced is from up here.

I'm excited and I thought I'd be really nervous, but I'm not all that much. There's a really nice peace within me because I know I'm doing what God wants me to do and I'm not just stuck working part-time for a company I despise with nothing else to do but sit and fool around on the internet.

Good things about going to Mexico:

Starting afresh
Will most likely become much healthier
No worrying about family problems, friend problems, & hatred of job
Will be making a difference in somebody's life
Might learn a third language (actually, it should be 2nd and a half because I don't really know French anymore)
Will gain such wonderful spiritual and earthly experience
Grow closer to God
Will see Ryan with much more frequency than if he were in Mexico and I in Canada.
Will be removed from most American media

I don't know if I'm supposed to be a missionary. I don't think I am. But I think, doing this ESL and helping the church down there, is something I can do. Something I can use my gifts for.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristall said...

KFD?

11:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home