Thursday, August 25, 2005

Email from Ryan

So I got an answer to a few of my questions from Ryan. Still, the most important stuff is unanswered but this email really set me at ease about the whole thing. I've copied and pasted it:

Hey I cant answer all your questions yet but I can answer a few. Teaching - Basically all the students work at whats called an office. Its like alittle desk with dividers. They work in little booklets that dont need much explenation for them to work. If they have a question they have a flag that they put up where the teachers can see it. Then us the teachers go over and answer that quesitons if we can. Usually its can I go score my pace. The ¨Pace¨ is what the workbooks are called. They mark them themselves. We mark the test that comes at the end of each Pace. So basically what I do and what you will be doing is walked around a classroom of kids answering questions. I met the people you will be staying with. They have a kid in teh school. Shes really nice and speaks english. Her mom speaks english 2 and is really nice. I havent met the dad yet. I didnt get an email cuz I wasnt expecting to meet her today. She told me though that her house is your house as soon as you get here. I dont know about going home for christmas that all depends on whether I can get a work visa to stay in the country. If I can stay I think I will. I am getting more comfortable here and now that I´m working days go by faster. I´ll email you my flight number and stuff next email hopfully with a few more answers. The jacket just to let you know can be a sports jakcet or a blazer there not really picky with the teaches. Yes black pants and a dress shirt must be worn Monday Wednesday and Friday. On Tuesday and Thursday we can wear jeans. Your dress shirts dont all have to be white but they should be dress shirts. Anyways I should go to bed. I´ll talk to you later

Hee hee. My boyfriend, ladies and gentlemen, the grammar viking! (as in rapes and pillages the English language...lol...love him to death).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home