Monday, September 12, 2005

Counter-Strike 1.6

I'm addicted to CS. I cannot believe it.

Years ago (2?), Jeremy tried to get me to play. He said, "You'll like it. It's just like Goldeneye. It's a First Person Shooter." He said it like I was utterly daft and didn't know what a FPS was. Hmph. Anyway, I tried it twice. I didn't like playing an FPS on the computer. I wasn't used to the controls. It was so wrong to use both the mouse and keyboard. I was used to Playstation or N64 controllers. This was utterly WHACKED.

Flash forward a few years (2?), Ryan and Billy go to an internet cafè to play a LAN game for a few hours. I was not going to sit around and watch for those "few hours" and plus, someone paid for me. So here I am. Complete and total noob to the internet café experience and total computer loser. I mean, I know a few things as Jeremy has told me lots and I'm partially self-taught. But man, this was just weird...being in a room full of so many Asian nerds. Well, they weren't all Asian. But the majority...

I sucked. Man, did I SUCK. It was like spawn, headshot, dead, observe. That was the cycle I went through. After a while, I started to loosen up. I started to enjoy it. I even managed to frag a few people.

Now that Ryan is in Mexico and my work hours have been greatly lessened by my supervisor. I've been practising my CS skillz for hours on end. Yes, I do realize how much of a loser this makes me. But I'm really really enjoying playing online now. I know what I'm doing, sort of, and I no longer feel like such a complete nub.

Hello, my name is Kristall, and I'm a CS-aholic. It's been half an hour since my last fix. My wallpaper is CS and I dream CS. I feel extremely sheepish. Jeremy was so right. I will try and keep my obsession to a minimum, however. I don't think I should branch out into HL, DOD, or BF. I don't have the money or skillz, just yet.

PHOTO: I went through some of my old photos that I'd taken with my Kodak Advantix. I found this one completely at random. It just fell out of a stack. This is Jeremy January 4 2003, in the room I hope to be moving into sans beer cans, Tragically Hip poster, and horrid curtains. Can you see what he's playing? He's been at it a while. I love my brothers, but Jeremy is such a dork, he used that headset religously...even at 2:00 in the morning, I could hear him "nice shot. ha ha. behind you." I think he's in the corridor in de_aztec.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristall said...

ha ha ha. but you don't anymore?


I've gotten other spam comments, but I deleted them. I like this one cause now I have a link to his blog, which I've read a bit of.

Thanks for the comment ^_^

9:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home