Sunday, September 18, 2005

Giving up

Yup. Just as the title says. I'm about this close to giving up on Mexico. I haven't heard anything. No one is doing anything. I mean, it's no one's fault. I just don't think it's going to happen at all. I need to move on with my life. I've been sitting and waiting around for a month. I'm wasting my time, I think. I need to look for full time employment and start researching education options.

What hurts the most, is how wrong I was. I mean, how could I be so off about Mexico? I thought God was calling me there. I honestly did. Did I give up? Did God? What happened? I can't help thinking that because I didn't give up something I've been trying to give up, God closed the door. I'm hoping the window he opens is a new job...a new satisfying job.

I had to say goodbye to one of my best friends and cousin, Libby, last Tuesday. She left for Japan to study for about 10 months. Libby is one of the most inspirational people I know. She's so charismatic and so original, I really do look up to her. She says she looks up to me, too. It's nice to know it's reciprocated. Libby is the only girl I can play video games with and be equally matched. Halo, Goldeneye, Mario Party. All of them. We're pretty much equal, except sometimes...I lose more often. Weird, I really miss Street Fighter. She was Cami, I Chun-Li (or Sakura, depending on the version). Good times good times. I'm going to miss her.

PHOTO: Lib 2005. Before we went on a little photo trip. Funny, we never ended up taking pictures.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home